TEACHING and NON-TEACHING STAFF VACANCIES- 2021-2022
X
Academics
  1. The school had its humble yet noble beginning in the year 1947 as DSSC Children’s School, under the stewardship of Mrs June Simpson, and it was initiated to cater to the educational needs of the children of the Student Officers. It was then situated at the location where the present wet canteen is functioning. Mrs Simpson was assisted by Mrs O Taylor, Mrs M Butcher and Mrs G Dougherty in this astral endeavour. In 1950, Mrs Simpson left for England.
  2. The school thereafter shifted to a huge building where the Trishakti is presently located. The administration of the school was then handed over to the Sisters of St Joseph’s school, Coonoor, during which the school had only five classes, from Class I to Class V.
  3. The school was under the care and patronage of Mrs Callow, wife of Col Callow till 1966, and was then handed over to Holy Innocent’s School, Wellington. The school was under the management of the latter till 1983.
  4. In 1973, the school shifted to Wellington Hall and in 1983 a separate wing for the students of Nursery and KG was commissioned at Gorkha Hill. In 1990, Mrs Joseph, a senior teacher took over as the Head Mistress of the school and had it under her administration until she retired in 1997.
  5. In Jul 1995 the school came under the aegis of Army Welfare Education Society and Mrs J Lamba took over as the first Principal. The school was then located in Castle with the nursery wing at Gorkha Hill. Mrs Meera Vadhera took over as Principal from Mrs J Lamba in Jul 1998 and the school shifted to a newly constructed building next to Castle. In June 2000 the school obtained its CBSE affiliation for Class X.
  6. The school thereon showcased gradual growth with a steady increase in the number of students annually. Two additional quarters in Wellington Hall area were allocated to the school. The school received various awards from AWES for producing the best results for Class X for the academic years  2001 – 2002,  2003 – 2004 and 2006 – 2007 and academic excellence awards for class XII academic year 2003 – 2004, 2008 – 2009 and 2010 – 2011.
  7. Class XI was introduced in the year 2002 in two streams; Science and Commerce under the stewardship of Mrs Shila Jha. In January 2003, Mr S Jawahar took over as Principal and the Quarters at Wellington Hall were withdrawn from the school. The school was again re-located into three quarters allocated at New Neelamber. In the academic year 2004-05 Humanities stream was also introduced in the school for Class XI and XII, however it was discontinued during the academic year 2006-07.
  8. Mr J Srinivasa Raghavan took over as the Principal of the school in April 2006. The school building was ordered to be shifted back to its present location at Wellington Hall (WH 1-4) in 2007.
  9. Pre-fabricated classrooms were constructed at the present location to accommodate the increasing student strength. The school received the Academic Excellence award from AWES for Class X results for the academic years 2001-02, 2003-04, 2004-05 and 2008-09.
  10. Class XI was introduced in the year 2002 followed by Class XII in 2003. Class XI and XII was instituted for the children of DS body posted at the DSSC. Wellington then was in want of CBSE affiliated schools which was a major inconvenience for them.

 

Army Public School Wellington
Near Defence Services Staff College, TDK Road,
Wellington – 643231, Tamil Nadu, India.

Developed And Maintained By Nilgiris Likemind Technologies Pvt., Ltd.
Back to Top